COVID Coach is a free easy to use mobile application created for everyone, including Veterans and Servicemembers, to support self-care and overall mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. It was developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in 2020. The App connects you to resources to help you cope with stress, stay healthy, stay connected, and navigate parenting, care giving, and working at home while social distancing or sheltering in place. COVID Coach is not meant to replace professional care related to COVID-19 or mental health conditions.
Learn About Coping During The Pandemic
COVID Coach can support you with information to help you stay balanced, connected, safe and healthy.
- Learn about healthy behaviors to protect yourself during the pandemic
- Find tips to help you with remote working, parenting, and care giving
- Explore indoor activities to do on your own, with a partner, or with children
Manage Self-Care And Well-Being
Find tools to help you manage stress during the pandemic. You can also mark the activities that are your favorites and create your own tools.
- Practice relaxation and other stress-management exercises
- Track your mood, anxiety level, well-being, and stress symptoms over time to recognize patterns and figure out what works for you
- Create your own personal support network
Set Personal Goals And Track Growth
Creating a goal for yourself – something you can do on a daily basis to help you take care of yourself – and tracking your growth is a helpful way to focus on the positive.
- Set personal goals: small things to help yourself, a family member, or a friend
- View graphs to show your growth over time
- Set reminders to visit the app each day and work toward your goals
If you’re in crisis, there are resources to connect to people who can help. Add contact information for people you trust and reach out to when you need support.